O’Connell House is committed to work in a manner that conserves our Environment and protects the Safety, Health and Welfare of our employees, sub-contractors, customers and the community.
Our primary objective in the area of environmental health and safety is to assume a responsible position and in accomplishing this we will:
1. Comply with all local and national legislation.
2. Ensure that our operations and products used do not create unacceptable risks to human health or the environment.
3. Assess the discharges and waste generated from our sites / premises and their effects, if any on the environment and community.
4. Where possible waste generated will be reused and or recycled. There are recycling bins located on every floor. Staff and students are encouraged to recycle all paper in the BLUE waste bins.
5. Ensure that all our waste is disposed of properly. There is a glass recycling wheely bin located at the front of the house in front of Apartment 1. There is plastic recycling bin located in the kitchen which is to be disposed in a separate bin to the waste bin. All card board and heavy weighted paper are also recycled separately.
6. We will endeavour to keep these sites and grounds as tidy and clean as possible for the local communities.