O'Connell House Open Day
Sat Aug 28, 2010, 10:00AM - 5:00PM
Merrion Square, Dublin 2, Ireland
As part of the Merrion Square Open Day, O’Connell House will be running guided tours of the house on Saturday 28 August 2010 from 10am til 5pm. Guided tours will run at 10am, 11am, 12noon, 1pm, 2pm and 4pm. Please note that spaces are limited and must be reserved in advance by calling 01 611 0611 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lar Joye, Curator of Military History at the National Museum of Ireland will present a talk at 3pm titled ‘Blaze Away: Dualing and gun making in Dublin from 1780-1820’. Booking is required.
Merrion Square Open Day is organised by Electricity Supply Board (Number 29), in association with the Irish Architectural Archive, the Irish Georgian Society, St. Stephen’s Parish Church, the Irish Landmark Trust, the National Museum of Ireland, the National Gallery of Ireland, Dublin City Council, the National University of Ireland, the Royal Institute of the Architects of Ireland, Mercy International, the Royal Society of Antiquaries of Ireland, St. Andrew’s Parish Church, the Keough Naughton Notre Dame Centre; O’Connell House, and Sweny’s Chemist. More information: No. 29 – Exploring Georgian Dublin